10.23.2008

Starting a New Hobby

Well winter is creeping up on us here and with that comes shorter days, less yard work, and basically more free time in the evening where I sit around wondering what I could do in that space after the kids are in bed but before it is time to nod off for the night. I have decided to start using this time to pursue the art of fly tying. I figure it could be good in a multitude of ways. It will help me stock up my depleted fly box and keep me occupied with a creative outlet. Thus I have begun my shopping for a good fly tying set up. I am a bit impatient about getting started on this although it is something I debated last winter and never got around to. If anyone has any ideas on what to look for or any tips on resources for the beginning tier I would love to hear them. I guess it is the next step in the evolution of the fly fisherman.

1 comment:

Tom Sorenson said...

I was wondering when this was going to come about. It was inevitable.