4.10.2010

Fishing with the Kid!

It's about the best thing in the world as a dad to see your kids smile. And one way to make sure that happens is to take them fishing. This first picture is after about an hour of casting from a dock and catching nothing. Note the size of the smile still on his face. Proof he is a true fisherman.

Finally I figured we may as well move to a new spot since nothing was happening off the dock. On the first cast in the new spot with the 2 foot long "Cars" telescoping fishing rod the bobber starts dancing. I happened to still be holding the rod at this time as I had just cast it out there for him, so I quickly handed him the rod and he muscled this crappie in.
After that fish I pretty much handed him the rod right after I got it cast out there and he did the hooking and the catching. It was pretty much automatic after that. He had about 10 fish close enough to the bank that I counted them caught over the next 20 minutes. We both had a good old time, whooping it up with high fives, and fist bumps after every fish. These are the moments I wish I could bottle up forever. Thanks for taking me fishing son!

A cold little boy heaving up another "lunker."

No comments: