9.11.2010

Fishing Journal-Week 29

September 9

I only got out once this week but it was a great outing.  Thursday morning was an overcast day with a slight breeze blowing and last time I was here on a similar type day I had my best morning landing 12 fish in the two hours before I headed off to work.  This morning was looking promising if the weather had anything to do with that morning.  And it turns out it was another great one.  Twelve more fish found there way to the net once again in the same stretch of river.  Three of them were very large fish in the 21-23 inch range.  Here are some pictures:
One of the fattest and healthiest fish I have caught here.
This fish surprised me.  I thought it was a good inch or two smaller than the fish in the top pic but it measured a half inch longer and was the longest of the morning.
In the net
This is the final fish of the morning.  A nice 20 incher that slammed my hopper twice.  The first time I jumped the gun on the hook set.  Then I gave it another drift and sure enough the fish took again.
Close up.
A great end to a great morning.

No comments: