4.04.2010

Fishing Journal-Week 8

March 30

I got blown off the river today. The wind was bad. I tried several flies before settling on the fact that I just needed to stick to a Skwala pattern with a Zebra Midge dropper. I was still having no luck and working overtime trying to deal with 30 mph gusts that would blow up river for a couple minutes then switch around completely and blow down river. Finally as we were getting ready to pack it up and leave I noticed a small rise across the river in a deep slot with some foam floating. Looked like a good feeding line. I put the cast up there and sure enough, my Skwala disappeared as it entered the vicinity of the feeding fish. I set on a nice fish that took the midge. Finally. It turned out to be one of the fine cookie cutter 20 inch fish that inhabit this river.

No comments: